Bristol Marina Charleston SC

Where's your Home Port, Favorite Marina or Dockside Pub??

Bristol Marina Charleston SC

Postby bturbeville » Thu May 29, 2014 3:10 pm

This is our little hangout. Its on the Ashely River just up river from the Charleston Harbor. A small marina, but with a lot of fun folks that hang out. The marina is situated right next to Brittlebank Park where a lot of festivities take place in Charleston - like the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition and the PopUp Bier Garten to name just two of my favorites. Its where the 4th of July fireworks are launched. Just about a mile away is the baseball stadium where fireworks are a common occurrence along with the occasional concert.

Here is an aerial view from Google Earth

We are the smallest of the three major marinas on the Ashley. The first in this shot is the City Marina, the middle is the Ashley Marina and then our tiny little home. The boats using the ICW stop at the City Marina a lot, very often some of the megayachts are here as well like Geffen's 138m monster.

Our boat is on the up river dock so we get to enjoy the fabulous scenery on the river, especially sunsets. This shot is from about 2 weeks ago from parking lot of the marina.

If you occasion through Charleston on the ICW, or by land, do stop by and say hello!
Bob & Linette
2005 320 Express
Charleston, SC
bturbeville

Re: Bristol Marina Charleston SC

Postby JeffCooper » Thu May 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Beautiful shots Bob - thanks for sharing! We have some killer sunsets over the beach/gulf as well. Nothing like sitting top-side with your honey, a glass of wine and just soaking it all in!!
Jeff and Andrea Cooper
2005 455 Express Motor Yacht
Spank 'n Skweeze
JeffCooper
Fleet Commander

Postby bturbeville » Thu May 29, 2014 5:34 pm

I see you are at Clearwater, one of my favorite places. I spent a lot of time on Clearwater Beach when I was much, much younger. The ocean sunsets are beautiful there and your vessel seems to be positioned perfectly! I enjoy Tampa very much, I have practiced artery hardening many times at Bern's.

The current rips through our marina and the A dock where we are is the worst, but the admiral says we must be on the A dock because it affords her the best viewing opportunities for one of her favorite past times ---

Bob & Linette
2005 320 Express
Charleston, SC
bturbeville

Postby JeffCooper » Thu May 29, 2014 6:45 pm

Berns... nom-nom! One my favorites... their cheeses and wines alone are worth the price of admission. Their Carpaccio is to die for, and we haven't even discussed their steaks! Next time you're in town look me up and we'll hook up and break bread! I'm sure we'd get along, as you actually have pictures of your lady in the back of the boat doing what we all enjoy. :-) Great shot by the way. Now I've got to dig some more up. :-)
Jeff and Andrea Cooper
2005 455 Express Motor Yacht
Spank 'n Skweeze
JeffCooper
Fleet Commander

Return to Show Your Home Port or Favorite Marina